Tuesday, April 02, 2013

The Paleo Recipe Cookbook: Roast Beef Horseradish Pinwheels


Okay, I'm kinda tired of dips for appetizers.  I mean, I know they're good, and I even daydream about my spinach-artichoke version every once in a while.  But at some point you have to expand your views.  You need to tempt your eaters with something more than a cracker with stuff on it.

I in no way participate in the paleo diet, but these looked pretty darn good on pinterest.  And since I was able to get some Kobe roast beef carved up at Central Market, I figured they would be pretty tasty.  I was right.  I even ate the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Roast Beef Horseradish Pinwheels
Adapted from The Paleo Recipe Cookbook blog

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
3 green onions, chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces roast beef, sliced
2 10-inch flour tortillas, preferably tomato flavored

Combine the first 6 ingredients.  Place the two tortillas on work surface, spread half of cheese over each, top each with half of the roast beef slices, leaving a ½-inch border around edges.  Roll up, wrap tightly in plastic wrap.  Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes or up to 1 day ahead.  Cut diagonally into ½-inch slices and serve.

No comments: