Friday, August 15, 2014

Cooking Light: Broiled Salmon with Marmalade-Dijon Glaze


Whenever I see a beautiful piece of salmon at the store, I just can't help myself.  I have to buy it and cook it.  Salmon is just so buttery, so tender, so perfect of a fish.  Heck, I eat it raw in sushi as often as I can get it.  And there's so many things you can do with it.  Skip the lemon and dill for once.

Broiled Salmon with Marmalade-Dijon Glaze
From Cooking Light magazine, April 2006

½ cup orange marmalade
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets

Preheat broiler.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Place fish on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Brush half of marmalade mixture over fish; broil 6 minutes. Brush fish with remaining marmalade mixture; broil for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: