Monday, July 07, 2014

Kraft Foods: Seafood Pasta Salad


It's too hot to turn on the oven.  Really.  And I don't want to crank my air any lower, or I might blow out the THIRD unit I've had in three years.  True story.  So what do you make when it's hot outside, and you're inside being all lethargic?  Salad.  And why not a seafood salad.  That's very summery.  Though I have to tell you, the original recipe called for 8 ounces fake krab.  Yes, I spelled it with a "k".  Because it's not real crab.  So I substituted canned tuna and shrimp.  Because that's one less thing to cook.  Win-win.

Seafood Pasta Salad
Adapted from Kraft Foods

½ to ¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Zesty Italian salad dressing
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups corkscrew noodles, cooked, drained, and cooled
1 (5-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
1 (4-ounce) can tiny shrimp, drained
1 cup broccoli flowerets, blanched
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup tomato, seeded and chopped
¼ cup chopped green onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine mayonnaise, dressing, and cheese; mix well.  Add next seven ingredients; toss lightly.  Season with salt and pepper.  Chill before serving.

Makes 6 servings

No comments: