Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Cooking Light: Tilapia in Mustard Cream Sauce


I think I have had this recipe in my file for years at this point, so when I had some extra frozen tilapia fillets that I wanted to use, I finally gave in and made it.  I'm not sure why I waited so long, as the sauce is pretty darn tasty, and it actually doesn't take that long to pull together.  I think this would actually work pretty well with a chicken breast also.  The original recipe also called for mushrooms, but even being a mushroom lover, it seemed like a strange addition with fish.  Feel free to add them back in.

Tilapia in Mustard Cream Sauce
Adapted from Cooking Light, June 2005

4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup fish stock
2 tablespoons whipping cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Sprinkle fish with thyme, pepper, and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish; cook 1 minute on each side. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove the cover and cook for another minute. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.

Add cream and mustard to pan; stir with a whisk until well combined. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce over fish.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: